South Island Study Days
Upcoming webinar: Practical tips for improving communication with people with Aphasia
When: 14 June 2022, 4pm – 5pm
Speakers: Chris Wyles, Aphasia NZ
Nicola Gibbons, University of Canterbury
Registration: click here to register by
Chris & Nicola will discuss:
· How do you build rapport with a person with aphasia?
· How can you support communication with a person aphasia?
· What are the special needs of people with receptive aphasia?
· Use of augmentative devices - any use?
Stroke service providers and stroke teams from across the continuum of care are invited to join this session. Topic suitable for all disciplines and all settings (Acute, Rehab, Primary Care, Home Care and Age Residential Care)
Certificate of attendance will be provided if you provide your full name.
Webinar can be accessed from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device.
There will be time for questions at the end of the presentation. To ask a question, please use the Q&A Tab. DO NOT use the Chat bubble (this may not be monitored).
Gait Re-education - Webinar recording 29 March 2022
Speaker: Dan Harvey, Physiotherapist, Stroke Rehabilitation, SDHB
Organiser: Stroke Rehabilitation, Southern DHB
• Review of the neurophysiology of normal gait (simplified version).
• Discussion of a few key elements that can be targeted in all settings
• Discussion of the use of different aids and how that impacts gait pattern.
• Contrasting setting up gait to just be safe at home versus a pattern that will allow further improvement into the community.
Watch the recording here: