South Island Study Days
Practical tips for improving communication with people with Aphasia - Webinar recording 14 June 2022
Speakers: Chris Wyles, Aphasia NZ
Nicola Gibbons, University of Canterbury
· How do you build rapport with a person with aphasia?
· How can you support communication with a person aphasia?
· What are the special needs of people with receptive aphasia?
· Use of augmentative devices - any use?
Gait Re-education - Webinar recording 29 March 2022
Speaker: Dan Harvey, Physiotherapist, Stroke Rehabilitation, SDHB
Organiser: Stroke Rehabilitation, Southern DHB
• Review of the neurophysiology of normal gait (simplified version).
• Discussion of a few key elements that can be targeted in all settings
• Discussion of the use of different aids and how that impacts gait pattern.
• Contrasting setting up gait to just be safe at home versus a pattern that will allow further improvement into the community.
Watch the recording here: