Free Stroke Resources
All the following resources are delivered free within New Zealand. For overseas enquiries, please see the Links page for stroke organisations providing resources in other countries.
The Stroke Foundation publishes its Forward newsletter approximately four times per year. Forward is packed full of informative and useful information for people living with stroke and for those working in the stroke field.
You can download the current issues and read past issues at our Forward newsletter archive.
These Stroke booklets are informative and easy to understand. You can order free print copies by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some booklets are available for you to download in PDF format.
- Understanding and Preventing Stroke and Transient Ischaemic Attack
- Intimacy After Stroke
- Information for Carers
Free Stroke Pamphlets
You can order these free pamphlets by emailing email@example.com.
- Down with Blood Pressure – information about the relationship between blood pressure and stroke and ways of reducing risks for blood pressure
- He Toto Rere Pai He Tohu Ora – Lower Blood Pressure means Lower Stroke Risk – information for Māori about blood pressure and stroke
- Slash the Salt – information on harms of high salt consumption and ways of reducing salt intakes. Contains a detachable wallet card to assist shoppers to choose lower salt foods items.
- Positioning for left hemiplegia
- Positioning for right hemiplegia
- What is a stroke? - A short and simple explanation of how and why stroke happens, and what its effects are.
- Reduce your risk of stroke - Advice on how a healthier lifestyle, diet and regular medical checks can reduce your risk of having a stroke.
Order free by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
New Zealand Clinical Guidelines for Management of Stroke
This best practice, evidence-based guideline was produced in December 2010.
Free A4 info sheets
These free information sheets are available to download.
Translations of Stroke information
Copies of our paper on Preventing Stroke are available in various languages in PDF format. Click the links below to download them. You will require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the file and this is installed on most computers. If you need to, you can download Adobe Acrobat Reader here.
Stroke Awareness Resources
These resources may be ordered free by emailing email@example.com.
- Stroke Awareness FAST cards
- Stroke Awareness A3 & A4 FAST posters
- Stroke Awareness FAST fridge magnets
New Zealand TIA Guidelines
The Stroke Foundation has released the NZ Guidelines for the Assessment and Management of Transient Ischaemic Attack (TIA). These unique guidelines were compiled by three Stroke Foundation medical advisors to help GPs and DHBs deal more effectively with TIAs.
If implemented correctly, they may save hundreds of lives and millions of dollars in direct health costs.
Stroke in Children
Care After Stroke in Childhood is a free pdf download of a booklet produced by the Royal College of Physicians in the UK (pdf 263kb). NB: The Stroke Foundation does not hold or distribute hard copies of this booklet.
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Help Us
- Stroke Info